Cadillac Repair/1994 caddy wont start

Question
QUESTION: My 1994 caddy 4.9 won't start codep041 came up which is the CAM sensor but the dan sensor looks Fine but the wiring harness broke but i have the little metal clips plugged in will it still be able to start

ANSWER: Hi,

I would be concerned with more breaks in the harness. Do you have the correct wires in the correct places. Exposed metal clips can cause a sort and possibly a fire. The engine should start if wired correctly, but I wouldn't feel good without the correct plastic plug separating those metal clips. Why did the harness break? What caught it? Is the harness protected from future breakage?

www.autotheftexpert.com

QUESTION: They breaked cuz there old

Answer
Hello,

You cannot take the chance of the steel connectors hitting one or the other. is the harness broken or just the connector?
In order to fix the correct way to repair would be to replace the whole harness with new, but the cost may be more than the car is worth.
You could check a junk yard for a harness or possibly a good connector with about 6" of good wire, where you can solder and heat shrink. That would be an acceptable repair.

www.autotheftexpert.com

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter