Cadillac Repair/ECC Display

Question
My '95 Seville ECC display went dark. The A/C is working along with the  fan. I can't see the temp setting, the outside temp or anything else.
What could it be?

Thanks,
JohnL

Answer
Hi John,

This is a 20 year old vehicle which means it has been exposed to vibration, extreme cold or extreme heat, dust. You have plastic circuit boards that can crack and other variables.
The first thing to do is get your owners manual and locate the multiple fuse panels. Check the fuses.Change if needed.
Chances are good this is a bad unit, but I recommend going to Ebay or Craigs to get a factory service manual for the vehicle. The schematics and flow charts will walk you through the diagnoses where you are not changing parts that do not need to be changed.
The manual will help you through any future problem saving you money.
I think it is the display is bad, but don't go by my guess.
Let me know what you find.

www.autotheftexpert.com

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter