The shadow cast by a man standing 1 m from lamp post is 1.2m long. If the man is 1.8 m tall and wals away from the lampost at a speed of 120m/min, at what rate is the shadow lengthening after 5 s?

The height of the light is 3.5 and the height of the man is 1.8.
The distance to the man is 1 meter at the start and the length of the shadow is 1.2 meters.

This means that the length of the shadow is 1.2 times longer
than the difference between the man and the pole.

After 5 seconds, the man has traveled for 1/12 of a minutes.
This means he is 120/12 = 10 meters farther away.

Since he started 1 meter away from the pole, he is now 11 meters away from the pole.
Since the ratio of the distance is 1.2 to 1, this means we have to take 11 * 1.2 = 13.2 meters.

Since the man is 1.8 meters tall, (13.2/1.8)120m/min is how fast the shadow is moving at.
Now 13.2/1.8 x 5/5 = 66/9 = 22/3, so the shadow is growing at 22/3 the speed he is walking.

Since he is moving at 120m/min, the length of the shadow is increasing at
120(22/3) = 40*22 = 880 m/min.

Any kind of calculus question you want. I also have answered some questions in Physics (mass, momentum, falling bodies), Chemistry (charge, reactions, symbols, molecules), and Biology (reproduction, insusion of chemicals into bloodstream).

Experience in the area: I have tutored students in all areas of mathematics since 1980. Education/Credentials: BSand MS in Mathematics from Oregon State University, where I completed sophomore course in Physics and Chemistry. I received both degrees with high honors. Awards and Honors: I have passed Actuarial tests 100, 110, and 135.

Maybe not a publication, but I have respond to well oveer 8,500 questions on the PC. Well over 2,000 of them have been in calculus.

I aquired well over 40 hours of upper division courses. This was well over the number that were required. I graduated with honors in both my BS and MS degree from Oregon State University. I was allowed to jump into a few courses at college a year early.

I have been nominated as the expert of the month several times. All of my scores right now are at least a 9.8 average (out of 10).

My past clients have been students at OSU, students at the college in South Seattle, referals from a company, friends and aquantenances, people from my church, and people like you from all over the world.