How would you solve this using Mathematical Induction?

1 + 3 + 6 . . . + n(n+1)/(2) = n(n+1)(n+2)/(6)

For n = 1, we have 1 = 1*2*3/6 = 1, so it is true for n = 1.

Assume it is true for n = k.  That is, 1 + 3 + 6 . . . + k(k+1)/(2) = k(k+1)(k+2)/6.

For n = k + 1, we have That is, 1 + 3 + 6 . . . + k(k+1)/2 + (k+1)(k+2)/2 on the left side.
It is known that the first k terms have the sum k(k+1)(k+2)/6.
This means the sum is really k(k+1)(k+2)/6 + (k+1)(k+2)/2.

We can see k(k+1) = k+k, and (k+k)(k+2) = k + 3k + 2k and (k+1)(k+2) = k+3k+2.
This means we have (k + 3k + 2k)/6 + (k + 3k + 2)/2.

Since the latter only has a 2 in the denominator and needs a 6, multiply by 3/3.
This gives (k + 3k + 2k + 3k + 9k + 6)/6.  Combining like terms gives
(k + 6k + 11k + 6)/6.  Factoring out k+1 on top gives (k+1)(k+5k+6)/6.
Factoring out k+2 on top gives (k+1)(k+2)(k+3)/6, and that is what we get when we replace
n with k+1 in  n(n+1)(n+2)/6.

Since I have shown it to be true at n=1, assumed it was true at n=k,
and proved it was true at n=k+1, this is true for all integers n >= 1.

Any kind of calculus question you want. I also have answered some questions in Physics (mass, momentum, falling bodies), Chemistry (charge, reactions, symbols, molecules), and Biology (reproduction, insusion of chemicals into bloodstream).

Experience in the area: I have tutored students in all areas of mathematics since 1980. Education/Credentials: BSand MS in Mathematics from Oregon State University, where I completed sophomore course in Physics and Chemistry. I received both degrees with high honors. Awards and Honors: I have passed Actuarial tests 100, 110, and 135.

Maybe not a publication, but I have respond to well oveer 8,500 questions on the PC. Well over 2,000 of them have been in calculus.

I aquired well over 40 hours of upper division courses. This was well over the number that were required. I graduated with honors in both my BS and MS degree from Oregon State University. I was allowed to jump into a few courses at college a year early.

I have been nominated as the expert of the month several times. All of my scores right now are at least a 9.8 average (out of 10).

My past clients have been students at OSU, students at the college in South Seattle, referals from a company, friends and aquantenances, people from my church, and people like you from all over the world.