Let f(x)=3x^2+x+3/2x+1. What is the derivative of f with respect to x

If the function is f(x) = (3x+x+3)/(3x+1), that if f(x) = g(x)/h(x).
The derivative of this is f'(x) = [h(x)g'(x) - g(x)h'(x)]/h(x).

Since we have g(x) = 3x + x + 3, we can see that g'(x) = 6x + 1.
Since we have h(x) = 2x + 1, we can see that h'(x) = 2 and h(x) = (2x+1).

This makes the derivative be f'(x) = [(2x+1)(6x+1) - (3x+x+3)(2)]/(2x+1).
Multiplying the top out gives f'(x) = (12x+8x+1 - 3x-x-3)/(2x+1).
Combining terms gives f'(x) = (9x+7x-2)/(2x+1).

That factors out to f'(x) = (9x-2)(x+1)/(2x+1).
As can be seen, nothing cancels.

Any kind of calculus question you want. I also have answered some questions in Physics (mass, momentum, falling bodies), Chemistry (charge, reactions, symbols, molecules), and Biology (reproduction, insusion of chemicals into bloodstream).

Experience in the area: I have tutored students in all areas of mathematics since 1980. Education/Credentials: BSand MS in Mathematics from Oregon State University, where I completed sophomore course in Physics and Chemistry. I received both degrees with high honors. Awards and Honors: I have passed Actuarial tests 100, 110, and 135.

Maybe not a publication, but I have respond to well oveer 8,500 questions on the PC. Well over 2,000 of them have been in calculus.

I aquired well over 40 hours of upper division courses. This was well over the number that were required. I graduated with honors in both my BS and MS degree from Oregon State University. I was allowed to jump into a few courses at college a year early.

I have been nominated as the expert of the month several times. All of my scores right now are at least a 9.8 average (out of 10).

My past clients have been students at OSU, students at the college in South Seattle, referals from a company, friends and aquantenances, people from my church, and people like you from all over the world.