Calculus/Calculus III

Describe the following surfaces and give traces where available:

1. 16x^2 + 16y^2 - 9z^2 = 0

2. y = 2z

1. This can be rewritten as 16x + 16y = 9z.
For any value of z, this is the equation of a circle with radius 3z.
This looks like it would be a cone below and above the origin,
with a single point at the origin.

Both above and below, it would widen forever in a linear fashion.

2. In the y-z plane, this is a line.
When x is thrown in, it makes a plane that slopes just like the line does.
That is, the plane has slope to in the y direction with respect to z
and at each point (y,z) on the plane, x can take on any value.  

Any kind of calculus question you want. I also have answered some questions in Physics (mass, momentum, falling bodies), Chemistry (charge, reactions, symbols, molecules), and Biology (reproduction, insusion of chemicals into bloodstream).

Experience in the area: I have tutored students in all areas of mathematics since 1980. Education/Credentials: BSand MS in Mathematics from Oregon State University, where I completed sophomore course in Physics and Chemistry. I received both degrees with high honors. Awards and Honors: I have passed Actuarial tests 100, 110, and 135.

Maybe not a publication, but I have respond to well oveer 8,500 questions on the PC. Well over 2,000 of them have been in calculus.

I aquired well over 40 hours of upper division courses. This was well over the number that were required. I graduated with honors in both my BS and MS degree from Oregon State University. I was allowed to jump into a few courses at college a year early.

I have been nominated as the expert of the month several times. All of my scores right now are at least a 9.8 average (out of 10).

My past clients have been students at OSU, students at the college in South Seattle, referals from a company, friends and aquantenances, people from my church, and people like you from all over the world.