Calculus/trigonometric functions

Question
Could you help me with this problem? I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you for any help!

Answer
Make a right triangle with an angle A.  Label the far side from the angle as B and the right angle as C.  Now label the sides opposite each angle in the same lower case letter.  This makes the far side from that angle as a, the near side b, and the hypotenuse as c.

Given this, sin(A) = a/c, cos(A) = b/c, tan(A) = a/b,
ctn(B) = 1/tan(A) = b/a, sec(A) = 1/cos(A) = c/b, and csc(A) = 1/sin(A) = c/a.

If you take a˛+b˛=c˛, it can be transformed by using proper divisions
Note that sin˛(x) + cos˛(x) = 1, 1 + tan˛(x) = sec˛(x), and 1 + ctn˛(x) = csc˛(x).

Calculus

Scotto