how to determine whether the graph of xy=3 is symmetric with respect to the x axis, y axis, y=x, y=-x

To be symmetric about the x axis, that means for any point (x,y) that is used,
the point (x,-y) must also be used.  This means it can't be a function for there
is only one point involved for each x in the definition of a function.
The function is really y = 3/x.  Since it can be defined as a function,
it is not symmetric about the x axis.

To be symmetric around the y axis, that means the function is even.
It says that for any y value defined at x, the same y value is defined at -x.
If the function has x values in it, they must be each to an even power.
since the x here is raised to the -1, and that is odd, it is not reflective about the y axis.

To be symmetric around the line y = -x, it would mean for any point (x,y) on the graph,
the point (-x,-y) would also be on the graph.  As can be seen, if xy = 3, then (-x)(-y) = 3
since (-x)(-y) = (-1x)(-1y) = (-1)(-1)(xy) = (+1)xy = xy.

Any kind of calculus question you want. I also have answered some questions in Physics (mass, momentum, falling bodies), Chemistry (charge, reactions, symbols, molecules), and Biology (reproduction, insusion of chemicals into bloodstream).

Experience in the area: I have tutored students in all areas of mathematics since 1980. Education/Credentials: BSand MS in Mathematics from Oregon State University, where I completed sophomore course in Physics and Chemistry. I received both degrees with high honors. Awards and Honors: I have passed Actuarial tests 100, 110, and 135.

Maybe not a publication, but I have respond to well oveer 8,500 questions on the PC. Well over 2,000 of them have been in calculus.

I aquired well over 40 hours of upper division courses. This was well over the number that were required. I graduated with honors in both my BS and MS degree from Oregon State University. I was allowed to jump into a few courses at college a year early.

I have been nominated as the expert of the month several times. All of my scores right now are at least a 9.8 average (out of 10).

My past clients have been students at OSU, students at the college in South Seattle, referals from a company, friends and aquantenances, people from my church, and people like you from all over the world.