Find the linearization function for the function near the given point:

F(x)= sin x + x   near x=pi/3

To find the linear function, we need the slope.
Since the slope is the derivative, note that F'(x) = cos x + 1.
At x = pi/3, F'(x) = 0.5 + 1 = 1.5.

We also need to know f(pi/3) = root(3)/2 + pi/3.

This makes the line into y = root(3)/2 + pi/3 + 1.5(x - pi/3).
That is the same as y = root(3)/2 - 0.5*pi/3 + 1.5x.  

Any kind of calculus question you want. I also have answered some questions in Physics (mass, momentum, falling bodies), Chemistry (charge, reactions, symbols, molecules), and Biology (reproduction, insusion of chemicals into bloodstream).

Experience in the area: I have tutored students in all areas of mathematics since 1980. Education/Credentials: BSand MS in Mathematics from Oregon State University, where I completed sophomore course in Physics and Chemistry. I received both degrees with high honors. Awards and Honors: I have passed Actuarial tests 100, 110, and 135.

Maybe not a publication, but I have respond to well oveer 8,500 questions on the PC. Well over 2,000 of them have been in calculus.

I aquired well over 40 hours of upper division courses. This was well over the number that were required. I graduated with honors in both my BS and MS degree from Oregon State University. I was allowed to jump into a few courses at college a year early.

I have been nominated as the expert of the month several times. All of my scores right now are at least a 9.8 average (out of 10).

My past clients have been students at OSU, students at the college in South Seattle, referals from a company, friends and aquantenances, people from my church, and people like you from all over the world.