Note: I love your Instructions from the Expert, very humorous!

Thank you for taking my question, it is:

If f(x)=(3x^(2)-5)/2x find f'(x)

Since we have f(x) = g(x)/h(x), we know that f'(x) [h(x)g'(x) - g(x)h'(x)]/h(x).
Since g(x) = 3x-5 and h(x) = 2x, it can be seen that g'(x) = 6x and h'(x) = 2.

Putting these in gives f'(x) = [2x*6x - (3x-5)2]/(4x).
That works out to be f'(x) = (12x - 6x - 10)/(4x).

Combining terms gives f'(x) = (6x - 10)/(4x).

Dividing top and bottom by 2 gives f'(x) = (3x - 5)/(2x).

That look right to you?

Any kind of calculus question you want. I also have answered some questions in Physics (mass, momentum, falling bodies), Chemistry (charge, reactions, symbols, molecules), and Biology (reproduction, insusion of chemicals into bloodstream).

Experience in the area: I have tutored students in all areas of mathematics since 1980. Education/Credentials: BSand MS in Mathematics from Oregon State University, where I completed sophomore course in Physics and Chemistry. I received both degrees with high honors. Awards and Honors: I have passed Actuarial tests 100, 110, and 135.

Maybe not a publication, but I have respond to well oveer 8,500 questions on the PC. Well over 2,000 of them have been in calculus.

I aquired well over 40 hours of upper division courses. This was well over the number that were required. I graduated with honors in both my BS and MS degree from Oregon State University. I was allowed to jump into a few courses at college a year early.

I have been nominated as the expert of the month several times. All of my scores right now are at least a 9.8 average (out of 10).

My past clients have been students at OSU, students at the college in South Seattle, referals from a company, friends and aquantenances, people from my church, and people like you from all over the world.