Find the limit of (x^2-a^2)/x^(4)-a(4) when x->a (x approaches a, I believe). A cannot/doesn't equal 0.

Take b = x^2 and c = a^2.
This is then (b-c)/(b^2 - c^2).

It is known that b^2 - c^2 = (b-c)(b+c).

The (b-c)/(b-c) cancels out, leaving 1/(b+c).

Since b=x^2 and c=a^2, as x approaches a, the b term approaches the c term.
That answer, then, is 1/(2c) = 1/(2a^2).

Any kind of calculus question you want. I also have answered some questions in Physics (mass, momentum, falling bodies), Chemistry (charge, reactions, symbols, molecules), and Biology (reproduction, insusion of chemicals into bloodstream).

Experience in the area: I have tutored students in all areas of mathematics since 1980. Education/Credentials: BSand MS in Mathematics from Oregon State University, where I completed sophomore course in Physics and Chemistry. I received both degrees with high honors. Awards and Honors: I have passed Actuarial tests 100, 110, and 135.

Maybe not a publication, but I have respond to well oveer 8,500 questions on the PC. Well over 2,000 of them have been in calculus.

I aquired well over 40 hours of upper division courses. This was well over the number that were required. I graduated with honors in both my BS and MS degree from Oregon State University. I was allowed to jump into a few courses at college a year early.

I have been nominated as the expert of the month several times. All of my scores right now are at least a 9.8 average (out of 10).

My past clients have been students at OSU, students at the college in South Seattle, referals from a company, friends and aquantenances, people from my church, and people like you from all over the world.