Calculus/Math question

Can you please help me solve for A in this equation ((1+A)^B)-1xC=D

You have to know logarithm or understand the concept of fractional power to understand the solution.  (I will present the solution without logarithm.)

1xC is just C.  So your equation is
         (1+A)^B - C = 0
add C to both sides of the equation to yield
         (1+A)^B = C

Now take fractional power (or Bth root) on both sides (this has some restriction, it is only possible when B is of certain kind and C is not negative when B is even.

(1+A) = C^(1/B)

Now subtract one from both sides to get your A isolated on the left side of the equation.  I will leave the last step for you and not complete it.  

I can answer all calculus question. I am a Math Lecturer and I teach Math in a College, usually Calculus 1, Calculus 2 and Calculus 3 and Linear Algebra.

I have been teaching in this college for more than 12 years. Prior to that, I taught for three years as Visiting Assistant Professor.

I got my doctorate from Univ. of Rochester in Algebraic Toppology. I got a MA from Univ of Rochester, an MA from York Univ. in Toronto and almost did my M.Sc in the National Univ. of Singapore.