Calculus/Derivatives

Question
I am home schooling my son in Calculus, but I am struggling to learn today's material (Derivatives). My workbook is okay, but not great; I was hoping a good example would help. For the following problem, if you could please include your answer as well as some explanation/steps, I would appreciate it.

The question is:
Using the table below, find where the function is increasing/decreasing and any maximum/minimum values. The information is presented in a table of F'(x) values followed by a "+" or "-".
F'(x) values (accompanied by a + or -, to say whether it is increasing or decreasing at the point):
(-infinity,-10) is given a negative "-" sign
(-10,0) is given a "+"
(0,10) is given a "+"
(10,12) is given a "-"
(12, infinity) is given a '+"
Thanks,
John

Answer
In (-inf,-10) decr.
In (-10, 0) incr,
In(0 ,10)  incr.

When the derivative is + fn is increasing.

Df. If x1 > x2 and f(x1) > f(x2) the f is incr.
   "  "   "       f(x1) < f(x2) f is decr.

Try the rest of the problem yourself. If you get stuck contact me again.

Calculus

mervyn