I am in need of some help with an old question of mine (got it wrong on homework a while ago- I was out sick the day this material was taught- never quite got the question).

Find the linearlization L(x) of f(x)=tan(x) near x=pi/4

To find the linearization of a function at some point, we need the slope of the function at that point.  Since x=pi/4 and f(x) = tan(x), it is known that y = tan(pi/4) = root(2)/2.

Since the derivative of f(x) = tan(x) is f'(x) = secē(x) and x is pi/4.
Since sec(pi/4) = sqrt(2), secē(pi/4) = 2.

This gives the equation of the line in point slope form.
It is y - root(2)/2 = 2(x - pi/4).
This reduces to y = 2x  + (root(2) - pi)/2.

Any kind of calculus question you want. I also have answered some questions in Physics (mass, momentum, falling bodies), Chemistry (charge, reactions, symbols, molecules), and Biology (reproduction, insusion of chemicals into bloodstream).

Experience in the area: I have tutored students in all areas of mathematics since 1980. Education/Credentials: BSand MS in Mathematics from Oregon State University, where I completed sophomore course in Physics and Chemistry. I received both degrees with high honors. Awards and Honors: I have passed Actuarial tests 100, 110, and 135.

Maybe not a publication, but I have respond to well oveer 8,500 questions on the PC. Well over 2,000 of them have been in calculus.

I aquired well over 40 hours of upper division courses. This was well over the number that were required. I graduated with honors in both my BS and MS degree from Oregon State University. I was allowed to jump into a few courses at college a year early.

I have been nominated as the expert of the month several times. All of my scores right now are at least a 9.8 average (out of 10).

My past clients have been students at OSU, students at the college in South Seattle, referals from a company, friends and aquantenances, people from my church, and people like you from all over the world.