I'm a student preparing for my mathematics finals and I have come across  a calculus related question which has proven to be quite confusing for me So could you kindly explain to me in detail the solution to this problem

Q) A particle moves along a straight line such that it's displacement , X metres, from a fixed point O of the line at the time t seconds is given by X=t-16/t , for t is equal or greater than 1
  A) find the value of t when the particle is at O
  B) The velocity in m/s of the particle when t=5

A) Since X is the distance from O, when is X equal to 0?  That is when the particle is at O.
If 0 = t - 16/t, then 16/t = t, so 16 = tē, so t = 4.

B) To find the velocity when t=5, note that the position is given by X(t) = t - 16/t.
Since velocity is the derivative of distance, this says that V(t) = 1 + 16/tē
Since t=5, V(5) can be seen to be 16/25, or 0.64.  Note that distance is in meters and times is in seconds, so that is 64 cm/s.

Any kind of calculus question you want. I also have answered some questions in Physics (mass, momentum, falling bodies), Chemistry (charge, reactions, symbols, molecules), and Biology (reproduction, insusion of chemicals into bloodstream).

Experience in the area: I have tutored students in all areas of mathematics since 1980. Education/Credentials: BSand MS in Mathematics from Oregon State University, where I completed sophomore course in Physics and Chemistry. I received both degrees with high honors. Awards and Honors: I have passed Actuarial tests 100, 110, and 135.

Maybe not a publication, but I have respond to well oveer 8,500 questions on the PC. Well over 2,000 of them have been in calculus.

I aquired well over 40 hours of upper division courses. This was well over the number that were required. I graduated with honors in both my BS and MS degree from Oregon State University. I was allowed to jump into a few courses at college a year early.

I have been nominated as the expert of the month several times. All of my scores right now are at least a 9.8 average (out of 10).

My past clients have been students at OSU, students at the college in South Seattle, referals from a company, friends and aquantenances, people from my church, and people like you from all over the world.