Calculus/Related rates.

Water flows into a tank having the form of a frustum of a right circular cone. The tank is 4 m tall with an upper radius of 1.5 m and a lower radius of 1 m. When the water in the tank is 1.2 m deep, the surface rises at a rate of 0.012 m/s the discharge of water flowing into the tank is 0.05m^3/s. CAlculate the rate of change of the radius of the water in the tank.

Also, see:

for a collection of these problems I have answered for others , and, when you get to this topic, another collection:  

Paul Klarreich

All topics in first-year calculus including infinite series, max-min and related rate problems. Also trigonometry and complex numbers, theory of equations, exponential and logarithmic functions. I can also try (but not guarantee) to answer questions on Analysis -- sequences, limits, continuity.

I taught all mathematics subjects from elementary algebra to differential equations at a two-year college in New York City for 25 years.

(See above.)