Calgary/need guidence for moving from UAE to calgary

Hi Ralph,

I,Sandeep an indian working in UAE for 5 yrs now in retail industry as store manager.i live with my wife and son who is one & half yr old.

Need your suggestion if there are chances for somebody of my profile to come over and make life there with my family.

Please consider it as my earnest request since i am planning on a very serious note.

Thanking you a lot in advance.

Yes you can make a living here but you must make some sacrifices. First you will need to earn your stripes as they say (local terminology, meaning you need to prove yourself, before they hand you the keys).

I would suggest both of you would at the beginning, need to be working, possibly, one during day, one at night, to save on  daycare (costs about $1300.00 a month if you place child in daycare).  You will need about $8000.00 for 2 months to 2-1/2 months living expenses.

Rent would be about $1400.00 a month as an estimate.  Renting an accommodation is bad in September/October and May.
Please follow the newspapers and media for some ideas. and, but read the letters to editor to help you acclimatize to western ideas.  I can give you more ideas, once I know more about your current life.  For moving furniture, my thoughts are no unless they are of sentimental reasons?  

Ralph Meyer

I live in Calgary, have full knowledge on Transportation/ Moving/ Cargo forwarding/accommodations/ lifestyles/where to dine/ fun things to do/ relationships/ social services/hospitals/shelters/renting/buying in Calgary/telecom/ internet in Alberta/life in Calgary.Run a website called I am the owner of RMMT Enterprises, a moving, delivery and Trade Show Delivery and (set up/Tear down) exhibition company. I learn from others so that I can assist people better.

I have lived here since 1978, own a trucking.moving company,running a travel agency for four years in 84, worked at a telco, worked with social service agencies, connections to various clergy, read all papers in Calgary.

Federation of Calgary Communities,Community association, Calgary Chamber of Commerce, Calgary Jewish community, Santas Secret Services, Apex Credit Union, now called SERVUS and others. I assist various orgs like Discovery House and YBC bowling at Chinook Centre, Calgary.

Calgary Sun, Calgary Herald, National Post,Globe and Mail, Canadian Business Magazine,Maclean,Time, Readers Digest and on the Internet.

Mount Royal College and Alberta Vocational.

MAYORS AWARD, Premier's Award etc.

Private info for competitive reasns.