Calgary/Part-time jobs in Calgary

Hello, my name is HongTak Lee from Republic of Korea (not North Korea).
I'm planning to stay in Alberta state for about a year, from next winter with working holiday visa (2015.1~).
I'm majoring geology and at the end of this year, I will have finished as a 3rd grader. And also, I was discharged from ROKAF(Republic of Korea Air Force) as a staff sergeant after two years of service.

What I want to ask you is that are there any part-time jobs for mining companies in Calgary(or in Alberta)? It is not critical part of my plan but, it will be better if I can work for mining companies because my major is geology.
And one more thing, will my military experience be extra credit for part-time job application?

Dear Hong Tak Lee,

Mining is more in the BC side of border, but to be sure, you need to contact Fording Coal, or other companies for more information. Another company is Grand Cache Coal,,
Coal Assn-

Please verify your conditions regarding working here. This way you will not have surprises at Canada Customs. On entrance to Canada, do not bring with you food, animals live or otherwise as there are special rules. Please verify everything including your drivers liscense rules.

Thank you and good luck.

Ralph Meyer

Ralph Meyer

I live in Calgary, have full knowledge on Transportation/ Moving/ Cargo forwarding/accommodations/ lifestyles/where to dine/ fun things to do/ relationships/ social services/hospitals/shelters/renting/buying in Calgary/telecom/ internet in Alberta/life in Calgary.Run a website called I am the owner of RMMT Enterprises, a moving, delivery and Trade Show Delivery and (set up/Tear down) exhibition company. I learn from others so that I can assist people better.

I have lived here since 1978, own a trucking.moving company,running a travel agency for four years in 84, worked at a telco, worked with social service agencies, connections to various clergy, read all papers in Calgary.

Federation of Calgary Communities,Community association, Calgary Chamber of Commerce, Calgary Jewish community, Santas Secret Services, Apex Credit Union, now called SERVUS and others. I assist various orgs like Discovery House and YBC bowling at Chinook Centre, Calgary.

Calgary Sun, Calgary Herald, National Post,Globe and Mail, Canadian Business Magazine,Maclean,Time, Readers Digest and on the Internet.

Mount Royal College and Alberta Vocational.

MAYORS AWARD, Premier's Award etc.

Private info for competitive reasns.