Calgary/Part-time jobs in Calgary

Question
Hello, my name is HongTak Lee from Republic of Korea (not North Korea).
I'm planning to stay in Alberta state for about a year, from next winter with working holiday visa (2015.1~).
I'm majoring geology and at the end of this year, I will have finished as a 3rd grader. And also, I was discharged from ROKAF(Republic of Korea Air Force) as a staff sergeant after two years of service.

What I want to ask you is that are there any part-time jobs for mining companies in Calgary(or in Alberta)? It is not critical part of my plan but, it will be better if I can work for mining companies because my major is geology.
And one more thing, will my military experience be extra credit for part-time job application?

Answer
Dear Hong Tak Lee,

Mining is more in the BC side of border, but to be sure, you need to contact Fording Coal, or other companies for more information. Another company is Grand Cache Coal, www.gccoal.com,
Coal Assn- http://www.coal.ca.

Please verify your conditions regarding working here. This way you will not have surprises at Canada Customs. On entrance to Canada, do not bring with you food, animals live or otherwise as there are special rules. Please verify everything including your drivers liscense rules.

Thank you and good luck.

Ralph Meyer

Calgary

Ralph Meyer