California - North Bay/Wine Country/Napa Cooking Class

Do you know of any Napa Valley cooking classes?  A friend of mine visited Paris and did a half-day cooking class that included going to the market and picking up food to cook with. Anything similar in Napa?

Napa is the perfect destination for a cooking class.  Check out these options:

Culinary Institute of America
2555 Main Street, St. Helena, CA 94574
(707) 967-1100
This  institute offers training for a career in culinary arts with degrees and certificate programs.  They also offer boot camps for food enthusiasts that range from 2 to 5 days.  Short one-day workshops are sometimes offered as well.
Website for more information:

Silverado Cooking School
1552 Silverado Trail, Napa, CA 94559
(707) 927-3591
They offer both demonstration and hands-on cooking instruction.
Website for more information:

CasaLana Gourmet Retreats
1316 S. Oak Street, Calistoga, CA 94515
(707) 942-0615 (877) 968-2665
Cooking classes range from 5 hours to 5 days.  Accommodations are available at their bed and breakfast, but are not required.
Website for more information:

Cakebread Cellars
P.O. Box 216, Rutherford, CA 94573
(707) 963-5221
This Napa Valley winery offers cooking classes throughout the year.  They are typically one or two day classes that you cook right along with the chef/instructor.
Website for more information:

California - North Bay/Wine Country

Kathy Howe

I can answer questions about California wineries and recommend lodging and restaurants for wine regions throughout California. I live in Northern California close to wineries in the Sierra Foothills, Lodi, Livermore, and Napa.

I spend much of my free time enjoying and tasting wine. I am not a wine expert....just someone who enjoys drinking a glass of good wine. My husband and I have traveled throughout California sampling wine and exploring the different wine regions of California for our website, In addition to our website, we publish a free monthly newsletter called Cheers2Wine News. This newsletter focuses on wine, winery events, free wine tasting coupons, and other things to do in the wine country.

B.A. Liberal Studies M.A. Elementary School Curriculum