Cameras/zeiss ikon prontor-svs

Question
vintage camera
vintage camera  
my mother just gave me this old camera and I was wondering if you could tell me about it and maybe how much it is valued for. im don't want to sell it but I just want to know what I have.

thanks, eric

Answer

Hello,

That's a Contina II (catalog code 527/24), an old school "point-n-shoot" 35mm camera, made by Zeiss Ikon of Germany from 1956 to 1958. Very common, not a great camera, and not much of a treasure today. In truly excellent condition, a Contina II would only sell for around $25-$35 in the current collectible camera market. Unfortunately, they seldom work properly after all these years, the meter is usually dead and the shutter gets sticky, so the majority are considered pretty worthless. Obviously, the sentimental value far exceeds the market value here...

Best wishes,

David Silver  

Cameras

David Silver