Canada - Government Information/Applied Pre- FEB 2008 , File transfered to Delhi Post 2008

My File# B0xxxxx was started in May 2005 from Buffalo, I had to return to India due to my expiry of my study permit.In early 2008 got the interview waiver letter and also paid the Right of permanence residence fees and completed my medicals in FEB 2008.

Then the file was transferred to New Delhi by Buffalo for conducting the interview in few months vides their later dated. 26 March 2008. Then New delhi office assigned the new file number B0xxxxxx [FRQ].

My Confusion/Questions:
Why did New Delhi have to consider has new application and not process after that, file was at final decision stage?
Which date would be my Application date MAY 2005 or APRIL 2008?
According to new law state that application submitted before February 27, 2008 would be rejected, will all the application be rejected or selected application?

Recently in e-CAS status changed to Decision made stating mail would be sent to correspondonce address, With in weeks time I was not able to view any status (Blank) when I looged in e-CAS. After a weeks time I wasnt event be able to log in to e-CAS. When enquired there is technical issue with e-CAS and access was removed.

Any advice on what/how should I do.

Sushil Shankar

Hello Sushil;

Thank you for your question.

Your application history is affected by a no. of elements:
- File transfer
- Eligibility determination by 2 offices
- Interview waiver
- Recent decision of Canadian govt to return some applications

It is advisable to obtain the CAIPS/GCMS notes of your Application from New Delhi, which would demonstrate in detail the complete history, answer some of your questions and also indicate the current status of your application.

If you wish Transcend to assist you in this, please email us on for fee and procedural advise.

Hope this is useful.

Canada - Government Information

Deepak Kohli

I am a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC), practicing in Ontario for last 9 years. As a member in good standing of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC) since its inception, I am committed to uphold the principles of integrity, knowledge and consumer protection. Our advice is based on sound legal provisions and practices, so that the client receives the best value for money. Our advice and assistance covers issues such as (a) permanent residence in Canada, (b) temporary residence (c) maintaining residency (d) reuniting family (e) Canadian citizenship (f) Immigration appeals, and more. We assist people from across the world in all Canadian Immigration matters (economic programs), including Federal Skilled Worker Program, Business Immigration, Work permits, Study permits, Family Class sponsorships, Appeals to the Immigration Appeals Division of IRB, etc. The intention of participating in this forum is to share my knowledge and views on Canadian immigration matters for general scenarios. The answers however, should not be considered as a legal advice, as that involves detailed information of various aspects of the immigrants' profile. People should contact me directly, should they wish to use to obtain a specific legal advice.

Since 2002, I have been working in the field of Canadian Immigration consulting. Prior to going into own practice in late 2003, I worked for an Immigration Consulting organisation in Toronto. My practice covers various areas of economic and family class immigration into Canada. Like I say to my prospective clients, just as there are thousands of ways to find god, there are a no. (over 50) ways to gain immigration to Canada. The trick is to find out the most suitable one for each client. Nevertheless, there are some programs that are more popular. We advise clients on these as well as find innovative immigration solutions for others. I have been an active volunteer with the Canadian Association of Professional Immigration Consultants (CAPIC), since its inception in 2005. After serving the Ontario Chapter for 5 years in Communications Committee, I joined the National Board in 2010. I served as the Director - Membership on the national Board of Directors of CAPIC for a year. I recently retired from the Board of Directors of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC), the regulatory body for Canadian Immigration Consultants, after serving for 1 year.

Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC), Canadian Association of Professional Immigration Consultants (CAPIC)

Immigration Practitioner Program (with High Honours) - 2003 - Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology, Toronto, Ontario, CANADA; MBA - 1992 - M.S.University of Baroda, Baroda (India

I have received various awards from the Immigration consultancy professional organizations, during my tenure.