Canada - Government Information/Misrepresentation and inadmissibilty

I followed your answers in and I am really convinced. I have question regarding my PR application under CEC and I would really appreciate if you could answer my question:

I Came to Canada on Study permit on August, 2008 and completed my studies in 2010 and worked full-time on PGWP for 20 months. However, I failed to disclose a travel history to Singapore in my study permit and previous TRV application. However, all my visa and permit is going to be expired soon.

Just wondering, If I apply for PR now (after expiry of all visa and permit) and disclose all the true fact and include all the travel history, am I going to be inadmissible to Canada for not disclosing one of my travel history in my old study permit and TRV application. I heard that inadmissibility decision are made with respect to current application only. Is it true?

ANSWER: Hello Aniruddha;

Thank you for your question.

Inadmissibility decisions when made based upon misrepresentation, could result from contradictory information submitted with any application (past as well as current), not only by the same applicant but also by family members. Therefore, it's extremely important that any contradiciton be represented properly, fully and convincingly before the visa officer.

In my opinion, this would require an understanding of the immigration law and procedure, and should be done with professional advice.

Should you need us to provide you the same, please feel free to email us on

Thank you and Kind Regards

Thanks for your reply. I have one more question.

Say, if I am inadmissible now for 2 years. Can I again apply for PR after 2 years. and is the previous inadmissibility (which will be expired after 2 years) going to affect the new PR application?

Also , after 2 year am I deemed rehabilitated automatically or I have to apply for rehabilitation after 2 years?

Thanks again,

ANSWER: Hello Aniruddha

Thank you for your follow-up question.
Previous inadmissibility and the reasons thereof are relevant to any future application.
There's no rehabilitation after 2 years.

Hope this is helpful.

Thank you and Kind Regards

Thanks for your reply.

I was reading CIC operating manual ELF 2 OP 18 and in point 9.7 it says "An application for a visa abroad, or for entry into Canada at a port of entry may be denied based on a misrepresentation made in connection with the current application or examination only, unless the person was previously the subject of a refusal for misrepresentation and the resulting two-year inadmissibility period has not elapsed"

Can you plese clrify this point.

Hello Aniruddha

Thank you for your 2nd follow-up question on the same topic.
We also noticed the rating provided by you and considering that those reflect your value of our advice, are surprised that you are still asking more questions. We are of the opinion that you do not deserve our time in providing a Free advice to you.

Thank you and Kind Regards  

Canada - Government Information

Deepak Kohli

I am a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC), practicing in Ontario for last 9 years. As a member in good standing of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC) since its inception, I am committed to uphold the principles of integrity, knowledge and consumer protection. Our advice is based on sound legal provisions and practices, so that the client receives the best value for money. Our advice and assistance covers issues such as (a) permanent residence in Canada, (b) temporary residence (c) maintaining residency (d) reuniting family (e) Canadian citizenship (f) Immigration appeals, and more. We assist people from across the world in all Canadian Immigration matters (economic programs), including Federal Skilled Worker Program, Business Immigration, Work permits, Study permits, Family Class sponsorships, Appeals to the Immigration Appeals Division of IRB, etc. The intention of participating in this forum is to share my knowledge and views on Canadian immigration matters for general scenarios. The answers however, should not be considered as a legal advice, as that involves detailed information of various aspects of the immigrants' profile. People should contact me directly, should they wish to use to obtain a specific legal advice.

Since 2002, I have been working in the field of Canadian Immigration consulting. Prior to going into own practice in late 2003, I worked for an Immigration Consulting organisation in Toronto. My practice covers various areas of economic and family class immigration into Canada. Like I say to my prospective clients, just as there are thousands of ways to find god, there are a no. (over 50) ways to gain immigration to Canada. The trick is to find out the most suitable one for each client. Nevertheless, there are some programs that are more popular. We advise clients on these as well as find innovative immigration solutions for others. I have been an active volunteer with the Canadian Association of Professional Immigration Consultants (CAPIC), since its inception in 2005. After serving the Ontario Chapter for 5 years in Communications Committee, I joined the National Board in 2010. I served as the Director - Membership on the national Board of Directors of CAPIC for a year. I recently retired from the Board of Directors of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC), the regulatory body for Canadian Immigration Consultants, after serving for 1 year.

Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC), Canadian Association of Professional Immigration Consultants (CAPIC)

Immigration Practitioner Program (with High Honours) - 2003 - Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology, Toronto, Ontario, CANADA; MBA - 1992 - M.S.University of Baroda, Baroda (India

I have received various awards from the Immigration consultancy professional organizations, during my tenure.