Canada - Government Information/PR - refusal

Question
I entered Canada from Philippines under the Live-in Caregiver Program. After completing my 2 years of employment, I submitted my PR application. I received initial approval for PR along with an open work permit. Recently my PR application was refused because my adopted daughter (aged 10) did was not examined at the VISA office in Manila and, therefore, Vegeville Center can not determine if I meet PR requirements. My open work permit expires in May. Can I resubmit my PR application? Should I apply for humanitarian application? Can I apply for a Temporary Resident Permit?

Answer
Hello Maria;

Thank you for your question.

The Live-in caregiver work permit is for a maximum of 4 years, and cannot be extended. Irrespective of the course that you follow, you must understand this.

In terms of your options, you may re-apply for permanent residence. However, the application is unlikely to go thru' the second time, if the underlying reasons remain unchanged, i.e. if your daughter is not/ cannot be examined.

You may also include H&C arguments with your PR application, or file a separate H&C application. H&C grounds must be proven though.

Hope this is helpful.

Should you wish to follow-up on this issue with us, you may approach our office at email@transcendconsultants.com or call on numbers below.

Thank you and Kind Regards

Canada - Government Information

Deepak Kohli