Canada - Government Information/condional discharge effect pr

Question
Respected sir,
    i am on workpermit in canada and works as an telecomm technician,....i was going through bad time last year as a result of which i was in mess,was drunk in my car bt was not driving,i was parked ,as cops ask me my id i given them my wrong name under the alcohal influence,i was charged but notconvicted for obstruct peace,as it was my first mistake i got an conditional discharge and one year probation til nov 2013,i am applying for permanent resdence next month,would it effect my permanent residence,please tell i am confused

Answer
Hi Harjot

A conditional discharge does not affect an application for permanent residence. However, you must tell the truth on all of the forms.

Steven

Steven Tress, Barrister and Solicitor, 425 University Avenue, Suite 500, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 1T6, Canada, tel: 416-977-3657, email: contact@steventress.com

steventress.com  

Canada - Government Information

Steven Tress