Canada - Government Information/Immigration

Question
Dear Sir,

I am married to a Canadian citizen for last 10 years and so far we were residing in India only. We have 2 daughters the older one has recd her Canadian citizenship and have applied for the younger one also. Now we plan to move to Canada permanently and want to apply for my immigration. My husband since he was living in India doesn't have any income in Canada so far but plan to invest in property and business once we move. I have a 5 years tourist visa for Canada and want to move immediately.
So, please kindly guide us what is the best procedure and should we file from India or Canada.

Thank You.

Answer
Hello Anushri;

Thank you for your question.

Canada offers both an In-Canada and Outside Canada option for processing spousal sponsorship. As the name suggests, In-Canada option means the Application for permanent residence is processed at a CIC office in Canada, whereas in the other case, the Application would be processed at an overseas visa office (New Delhi, in your case).

Both have different requirements, and there are advantages and disadvantages to both. The one that you select depends upon your personal situation. You may want to research further for details. However, should you wish us to counsel you further, I suggest that you advise us by email on email@transcendconsultants.com. We will provide you an appointment for an online paid consultation.

Hope this is useful.

Thank you and Kind Regards

Canada - Government Information

Deepak Kohli