Canada - Government Information/Give a birth in Canada

Dear  John,

I am writing regarding my current situation and I was wondering of you could advise me on what would be the next best step for me and my spouse.

I am from Hong Kong and I wish I can give birth in Canada,the only way that I could think about is visit  as a tourism and stay until I can deliver my baby in Canada. I don't know it works or not?

I understand that my baby will become an instant Canadian citizen however me and my husband needs to wait until my child 18 years old to apply the PR to us.

I was wondering if after delivery, my baby will become an instant canadian, Can I take him home here in Hong Kong?

Kindly let me know if there is anything you can do for us and if you are aware of such a law where me can legally stay in Canada during my pregnancy in Canada?

Thank you so much and look forward to hearing your reply soon.

Take care

It is all about timing.

Yes you can come to Canada if you have the Visitor Visa.
Some airlines will not let you on the plane if they know that you are pregnant.
When you are here, you could also make an application to extend your stay in Canada.
Your child who is borne here will automatically become a Canadian Citizen and you should register him/her with a Citizenship card prior to your return to Hong Kong.
Yes you are correct your child has to be 18 years old in order to sponsor you.

You could also try and come as an International student or Temporary Worker and then after one year as a worker and after graduation as a student, you could qualify for the Canadian Experience class. Here is the link.

Good luck  

Canada - Government Information

John A.C. Manning

All Canadian Immigration Questions

I am a Certified Immigration Consultant I have been practicing in this profession for the last 18 years I have been consulted by many private and corporate clients.

I am a full Member of The Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC) Membership # 415199

Retirement Today Magazine (UK) 2008

I am a graduate of London University (UK) Business management I passed a Sales Organization Course. McGill University (Canada) I passed a Executive Development Course McGill University (Canada

Novartis Pharma (Canada) AirLiquide (Canada) Air Canada.