Canada - Government Information/Can my mother sponsor my father while she's still under my sponsorship?

Question
Dear expert,

I am sponsoring my mother and my brother to immigrate to Canada. I had sent in my application to the Case Processing Center in Mississauga in February 2011. My mother is still married with my father but I am not sponsoring him. I had just put his name in my sponsorship application form as my motherís spouse and her "Non-Accompanying Family Members".

My question is, after my sponsorship is approved and after my mother becomes a landed immigrant in Canada, can my mother sponsor my father as her spouse to come here? Will there be any restriction to my mother's application for her sponsorship?

Thanks in advance for the reply.

Answer
Hello Josef;

Thank you for your question.

The answer to your first question is: Yes, she can.
For second question, the restrictions/ rules/ requirements are set out in the appropriate guide

Hope this is useful.

Thank you and Kind Regards

Canada - Government Information

Deepak Kohli