Canada - Government Information/Got pregnant while waiting for visa. Called again for medicals

Question
Our family applied for permanent residence in Canada back in May 2011. My mother is a dentist and applied to become a federal skilled worker there. After the medical examinations, it was discovered that my dad had tuberculosis and had to be treated for 6 months. So our application got delayed. He took another Xray after 6 months and submitted it in September 2012. It was only now that the embassy called for the rest of the family to have another set of medical examinations because outs were expired. The problem is, I am almost six months pregnant. And the embassy said that if approved, we have to leave on july 25th. What will happen to our application? Thank you for answering

Answer
Hello Rachelle;

Thank you for your question.

I am not sure that all the facts in your enquiry are consistent. If you have been asked to undergo a new medical, the validity of the visa (if & when issued) would be 12 months from the date of new medicals. So, the July 25 date would be extended to sometime in April/May, 2014.

In case you are pregnant, the X-rays would likely be delayed.

Hope this is useful.

Thank you and Kind Regards

Canada - Government Information

Deepak Kohli