Canada - Government Information/Student Spouse Dependant Visa

Hi Deepak,
My wife is on the verge of joining a Canadian B School for her 20 month MBA program. She will be filing her Visa in the coming few weeks post we have arranged the funds.
My question is with regards to the student spouse visa. She is 29 Years old and I am 33 years old, we have a 2 years old son from our 3.5 years of marriage. While our initial plan was for her to go alone for her studies and I continue working in India. Since we live with my parents the child that ways is well taken care of.
But recently my wife's admission counsellor suggested I also apply for visa as spouse along with an application of our son. Suggesting that Canadian Uni's suggest married students have their family close by as they study. I am not sure of the approval/rejection % of such applications; hence I seek your expert advise.
Request your kind inputs based on the above.

Hello Kunal;

Thank you for your question.

Frankly, I have never heard of such advice from Educational institutions.

Regarding the chances of such visa being issued, these depend upon a no. of factors like available funds and likelihood of the spouse and child returning to home country, after their authorized period of stay.

Hope this is helpful.

Thank you and Kind Regards

Canada - Government Information

Deepak Kohli

I am a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC), practicing in Ontario for last 9 years. As a member in good standing of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC) since its inception, I am committed to uphold the principles of integrity, knowledge and consumer protection. Our advice is based on sound legal provisions and practices, so that the client receives the best value for money. Our advice and assistance covers issues such as (a) permanent residence in Canada, (b) temporary residence (c) maintaining residency (d) reuniting family (e) Canadian citizenship (f) Immigration appeals, and more. We assist people from across the world in all Canadian Immigration matters (economic programs), including Federal Skilled Worker Program, Business Immigration, Work permits, Study permits, Family Class sponsorships, Appeals to the Immigration Appeals Division of IRB, etc. The intention of participating in this forum is to share my knowledge and views on Canadian immigration matters for general scenarios. The answers however, should not be considered as a legal advice, as that involves detailed information of various aspects of the immigrants' profile. People should contact me directly, should they wish to use to obtain a specific legal advice.

Since 2002, I have been working in the field of Canadian Immigration consulting. Prior to going into own practice in late 2003, I worked for an Immigration Consulting organisation in Toronto. My practice covers various areas of economic and family class immigration into Canada. Like I say to my prospective clients, just as there are thousands of ways to find god, there are a no. (over 50) ways to gain immigration to Canada. The trick is to find out the most suitable one for each client. Nevertheless, there are some programs that are more popular. We advise clients on these as well as find innovative immigration solutions for others. I have been an active volunteer with the Canadian Association of Professional Immigration Consultants (CAPIC), since its inception in 2005. After serving the Ontario Chapter for 5 years in Communications Committee, I joined the National Board in 2010. I served as the Director - Membership on the national Board of Directors of CAPIC for a year. I recently retired from the Board of Directors of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC), the regulatory body for Canadian Immigration Consultants, after serving for 1 year.

Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC), Canadian Association of Professional Immigration Consultants (CAPIC)

Immigration Practitioner Program (with High Honours) - 2003 - Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology, Toronto, Ontario, CANADA; MBA - 1992 - M.S.University of Baroda, Baroda (India

I have received various awards from the Immigration consultancy professional organizations, during my tenure.