You are here:

Canada - Government Information/pregnant forign worker in toronto



Im a temporary foreign worker from Japan, and I got pregnant with my boyfriend. He is not a Canadian citizen, but he has his landed papers from Jamaica since 1998. Can he sponsor me and the baby? What will happen to my status in Canada. I am currently not working right now. Pls help, im nervous.

Hello Linda,

Do not panic.
You did not tell me the validity of your Work Permit, so it is difficult for me to advise you.
However, It is important to keep your Temporary status (TRV) and do not to leave Canada if you wish to have a Candian baby.
Your husband common-law-partner certainly can sponsor you

Here are the details:

But if you have been here on a Work Permit you could be eligible for the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) Here is the link for that

I hope this helps  

Canada - Government Information

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


John A.C. Manning


All Canadian Immigration Questions


I am a Certified Immigration Consultant I have been practicing in this profession for the last 18 years I have been consulted by many private and corporate clients.

I am a full Member of The Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC) Membership # 415199

Retirement Today Magazine (UK) 2008

I am a graduate of London University (UK) Business management I passed a Sales Organization Course. McGill University (Canada) I passed a Executive Development Course McGill University (Canada

Past/Present Clients
Novartis Pharma (Canada) AirLiquide (Canada) Air Canada.

©2017 All rights reserved.