Canada - Government Information/Request your guidance

Question
Dear John,

My wife is moving to Canada in Sep 13 on international student visa and I intend to go along with her.

Today she received her student visa and it takes on an average 2-3 months for CIC to process open work permit hence I was thinking to apply for a Visitor visa (it takes 4 working day only) and after getting my Visit Visa I can book tickets for both of us and than apply for open work permit (immediately after getting visitor visa). Intention is to fly together and we can plan our accommodation and travel accordingly.  

Hence kindly guide me if I can apply for TRV after obtaining Visitor Visa from India itself.

I would like to thank you in advance.

Answer
Rishi,

I am surprised that you and your wife did not include you on her application and you should have sent in your application for a Entry visa at the same time.

Anyway,a TRV from a designated country is an Entry Visa.
There are very specific conditions as to how you should apply.
Here is a link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/apply-who.asp
Good Luck

Canada - Government Information

John A.C. Manning