Canada - Government Information/Request your guidance


Dear John,

My wife is moving to Canada in Sep 13 on international student visa and I intend to go along with her.

Today she received her student visa and it takes on an average 2-3 months for CIC to process open work permit hence I was thinking to apply for a Visitor visa (it takes 4 working day only) and after getting my Visit Visa I can book tickets for both of us and than apply for open work permit (immediately after getting visitor visa). Intention is to fly together and we can plan our accommodation and travel accordingly.  

Hence kindly guide me if I can apply for TRV after obtaining Visitor Visa from India itself.

I would like to thank you in advance.


I am surprised that you and your wife did not include you on her application and you should have sent in your application for a Entry visa at the same time.

Anyway,a TRV from a designated country is an Entry Visa.
There are very specific conditions as to how you should apply.
Here is a link
Good Luck

Canada - Government Information

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


John A.C. Manning


All Canadian Immigration Questions


I am a Certified Immigration Consultant I have been practicing in this profession for the last 18 years I have been consulted by many private and corporate clients.

I am a full Member of The Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC) Membership # 415199

Retirement Today Magazine (UK) 2008

I am a graduate of London University (UK) Business management I passed a Sales Organization Course. McGill University (Canada) I passed a Executive Development Course McGill University (Canada

Past/Present Clients
Novartis Pharma (Canada) AirLiquide (Canada) Air Canada.

©2017 All rights reserved.