Canada - Government Information/Medicals under review in ottawa RMO

Aaplication filed January, 2013 under the Canadian Experience Class. Did medicals in December, 2013. I was informed that there is an ongoing review on my medicals because of a previous surgery 6 years ago. It's almost two and a half months now. No additional test has been asked from me.

Could you briefly explain the process of medicals under review so i could understand the delay and what to expect or how much longer could it take for Ottawa to clear meds nowadays?

My application has exceeded the 13 months average processing time for Canadian Experience Class category. Who can i write to so i can address the delay of the processing of my application?

I appreciate your help and guidance. I am already stressing-out. Thank you in advance for your response.

Hi Kim,

There are no ways to find out what is meant by "medicals under review" so we have to understand the procedure.

The medical officers will make a recommendation to the Visa Officers whether or not to accept your medical results as positive or negative.  The criteria related to the rules as noted in the CIC regulations IRPR 65.1 (1) (d) (ii) ............that their health condition is not likely to be a danger to public health or public safety and is not reasonably expected to cause excessive demand.
I can not give you any further advice but my suggestion is for you to wait until you receive further communication from the Visa Officer. Be patient.

Hope this helps,

Canada - Government Information

John A.C. Manning

All Canadian Immigration Questions

I am a Certified Immigration Consultant I have been practicing in this profession for the last 18 years I have been consulted by many private and corporate clients.

I am a full Member of The Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC) Membership # 415199

Retirement Today Magazine (UK) 2008

I am a graduate of London University (UK) Business management I passed a Sales Organization Course. McGill University (Canada) I passed a Executive Development Course McGill University (Canada

Novartis Pharma (Canada) AirLiquide (Canada) Air Canada.