Canada - Government Information/Maintaining Naturalization status

I was born in the US and naturalized as a Canadian by my parents at age 5. My family lived in Ontario for 5 years. (1968-1973) then moved to France and then later settled in the US. and I am currently a US Citizen.  For the past 40 years, I have only visited but have NOT in Canada. I would like to relocate to Canada (i am in a romantic relationship with a Canadian) but am unsure of my status.  Am I still la Canadian citizen or are there conditions that need to be met to retain naturalized  citizenship status?

Hello Sheila,

Once you have been given a document stating that you are a Canadian Citizen you remain a Canadian Citizen, unless for serious reasons the Canadian Government has removed that status or you gave it up as a result of a personal wish to relinquish it.

The link here will be of some help to you :  

Canada - Government Information

John A.C. Manning

All Canadian Immigration Questions

I am a Certified Immigration Consultant I have been practicing in this profession for the last 18 years I have been consulted by many private and corporate clients.

I am a full Member of The Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC) Membership # 415199

Retirement Today Magazine (UK) 2008

I am a graduate of London University (UK) Business management I passed a Sales Organization Course. McGill University (Canada) I passed a Executive Development Course McGill University (Canada

Novartis Pharma (Canada) AirLiquide (Canada) Air Canada.