Canada - Government Information/Maintaining Naturalization status

Question
I was born in the US and naturalized as a Canadian by my parents at age 5. My family lived in Ontario for 5 years. (1968-1973) then moved to France and then later settled in the US. and I am currently a US Citizen.  For the past 40 years, I have only visited but have NOT in Canada. I would like to relocate to Canada (i am in a romantic relationship with a Canadian) but am unsure of my status.  Am I still la Canadian citizen or are there conditions that need to be met to retain naturalized  citizenship status?

Answer
Hello Sheila,

Once you have been given a document stating that you are a Canadian Citizen you remain a Canadian Citizen, unless for serious reasons the Canadian Government has removed that status or you gave it up as a result of a personal wish to relinquish it.

The link here will be of some help to you :

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/proof.asp  

Canada - Government Information

John A.C. Manning