Canada - Government Information/IMM 5669E Schedule A question 6 clarification

Question
Hello John,
I was asking you other day about my spouse being denied permanent resident visa when she was under 18 when she was sponsered as a family member by her brother in Canada in 2009. Now after marrying her, her name changed...I'm assuming we still have to mention her refusal in 2009 as originally discussed? Or it's not necessary since her last name is my name? Just wanted to confirm. thank you again :)

here is your last message:
#2) Tick # 6e and give a complete but, to the point explanation of the reason for the refusal, using CIC words wherever possible. Also quoting the refused file number if it was given in the refusal letter.
You write this in the place for that below.

Answer
Hello Ram,

I thought that my answer was clear.

When dealing with CIC all information must be answered correctly and clearly.

If your spouse was denied entry to Canada, you must state so, no matter what her name was or she has now, she is still the same person.

In the place for the explanation, give ALL HER PAST DETAILS, date of refusal, her birth date etc, including her past name, the past file number and give a precise explanation of the circumstances.

She may have been given a UCI number of eight digits, which should be given.

By the way, in this country it is legal for a women to keep their birth name all of their life, so it is not unusual to use that, unless her name was changed by a legal "Deed Pole"

Thank you  

Canada - Government Information

John A.C. Manning