You are here:

Canada - Government Information/Sending PR card outside Canada



I have recently got immigration to Canada under FSW. I will land in Canada in mid march and will be back to my home country after three weeks. My cousin who is living in Toronto will receive my PR card and will courier it to me. I want to know whether it is legal because I have heard from somebody that it is illegal to courier PR card out of Canada. Please if you could advise.


ANSWER: Hello,

What you are trying to do is strictly illegal

What you should do is to apply for a "travel document" from the Canadian Embassy wherever you are staying.

All Embassies have access to your records.

Thank you

---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

QUESTION: Show me the paragraph in immigration law where it says I cannot send my PR card to anyone outside Canada..


I am surprised by the tone of your question.
I informed you that it is illegal to try to mail cards outside of the country
CIC do not approve of that, nor do they do it themselves.

Here is the link:

I am not here to argue; but to try and help folks, who really need it.

If you are not satisfied by my response, I thank you for your rating me # 1/10

I just hope that you will not get caught breaking the CIC regulations.

Thank you  

Canada - Government Information

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


John A.C. Manning


All Canadian Immigration Questions


I am a Certified Immigration Consultant I have been practicing in this profession for the last 18 years I have been consulted by many private and corporate clients.

I am a full Member of The Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC) Membership # 415199

Retirement Today Magazine (UK) 2008

I am a graduate of London University (UK) Business management I passed a Sales Organization Course. McGill University (Canada) I passed a Executive Development Course McGill University (Canada

Past/Present Clients
Novartis Pharma (Canada) AirLiquide (Canada) Air Canada.

©2017 All rights reserved.