You are here:

Canada - Government Information/PR application and Child birth



I applied for PR (spouse sponsorship)in October 2014, my husband is a Canadian citizen. In April 2015, I gave birth to a baby girl in Canada, so she is a Canadian Citizen by birth. Should I notify CIC about this event ? If so, is it better to contact them by email or by sending a mail to Mississauga, since my application is not processed yet.

Thank you for your answer.


In all cases if your family situation or address,changes during the application process, you must advise CIC.

Preferably by email but regular mail is possible.
Make sure it goes to the correct department (office)

Send in a copy of the child's birth certificate

Hope this helps  

Canada - Government Information

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


John A.C. Manning


All Canadian Immigration Questions


I am a Certified Immigration Consultant I have been practicing in this profession for the last 18 years I have been consulted by many private and corporate clients.

I am a full Member of The Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC) Membership # 415199

Retirement Today Magazine (UK) 2008

I am a graduate of London University (UK) Business management I passed a Sales Organization Course. McGill University (Canada) I passed a Executive Development Course McGill University (Canada

Past/Present Clients
Novartis Pharma (Canada) AirLiquide (Canada) Air Canada.

©2017 All rights reserved.