You are here:

Canada - Government Information/Mistake in PR card and certificate of permanent residence



I landed in Canada in March 2015. After landing I observed that my son's first name and last name on the COPR and PR card are swapped. I came back to my country in April 2015 and want to make this amendment. Please if you could advice that how to make this amendment and is there any deadline to apply for amendment? If there is a deadline then please if you could advice what to do in the situation if it has passed. I want to settle in Canada next year and i am worried that my son may not be allowed to enter in Canada because of this.




It all depends on timing, because CIC takes a while to respond to corrections.

I suggest that you follow the following link ;-

This is for the COPR correction.

This is re the PR card.
Here is the link to the PR corrections.

Hope this helps  

Canada - Government Information

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


John A.C. Manning


All Canadian Immigration Questions


I am a Certified Immigration Consultant I have been practicing in this profession for the last 18 years I have been consulted by many private and corporate clients.

I am a full Member of The Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC) Membership # 415199

Retirement Today Magazine (UK) 2008

I am a graduate of London University (UK) Business management I passed a Sales Organization Course. McGill University (Canada) I passed a Executive Development Course McGill University (Canada

Past/Present Clients
Novartis Pharma (Canada) AirLiquide (Canada) Air Canada.

©2017 All rights reserved.