Canada - Government Information/Wife Pregnant - Cannot travel

Dear Mr. Kohli, This is Tanuj Chhabra. I and my wife were nominated by the province of Nova Scotia under the skilled workers steam and on basis of this we received our PR through Express Entry in September, 2015. The expiry date of our COPR is 2nd July, 2016. Now the problem is that my wife has become pregnant after 5 years of our marriage and as per our doctor she falls under the high risk category and she is not permitted to travel until October, 2016. I being the secondary applicant cannot travel alone as CIC will not allow me to enter alone. We have informed CIC and Immigration office of Nova Scotia of this development. Do you think they will consider our requst and extend the date of our COPR. Request you to guide us in respect to what should we do in such a scenario.

Hello Tanuj;

Thank you for your question.

The PR Visa validity will most likely be not extended, as it's very rare if at all done.

If you do not land within the validity, you will be required to apply again for PR. Nova Scotia may, at its discretion, extend the validity of their nomination.

Hope this answers your query.

Thank you and Kind regards

Canada - Government Information

Deepak Kohli

I am a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC), practicing in Ontario for last 9 years. As a member in good standing of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC) since its inception, I am committed to uphold the principles of integrity, knowledge and consumer protection. Our advice is based on sound legal provisions and practices, so that the client receives the best value for money. Our advice and assistance covers issues such as (a) permanent residence in Canada, (b) temporary residence (c) maintaining residency (d) reuniting family (e) Canadian citizenship (f) Immigration appeals, and more. We assist people from across the world in all Canadian Immigration matters (economic programs), including Federal Skilled Worker Program, Business Immigration, Work permits, Study permits, Family Class sponsorships, Appeals to the Immigration Appeals Division of IRB, etc. The intention of participating in this forum is to share my knowledge and views on Canadian immigration matters for general scenarios. The answers however, should not be considered as a legal advice, as that involves detailed information of various aspects of the immigrants' profile. People should contact me directly, should they wish to use to obtain a specific legal advice.

Since 2002, I have been working in the field of Canadian Immigration consulting. Prior to going into own practice in late 2003, I worked for an Immigration Consulting organisation in Toronto. My practice covers various areas of economic and family class immigration into Canada. Like I say to my prospective clients, just as there are thousands of ways to find god, there are a no. (over 50) ways to gain immigration to Canada. The trick is to find out the most suitable one for each client. Nevertheless, there are some programs that are more popular. We advise clients on these as well as find innovative immigration solutions for others. I have been an active volunteer with the Canadian Association of Professional Immigration Consultants (CAPIC), since its inception in 2005. After serving the Ontario Chapter for 5 years in Communications Committee, I joined the National Board in 2010. I served as the Director - Membership on the national Board of Directors of CAPIC for a year. I recently retired from the Board of Directors of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC), the regulatory body for Canadian Immigration Consultants, after serving for 1 year.

Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC), Canadian Association of Professional Immigration Consultants (CAPIC)

Immigration Practitioner Program (with High Honours) - 2003 - Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology, Toronto, Ontario, CANADA; MBA - 1992 - M.S.University of Baroda, Baroda (India

I have received various awards from the Immigration consultancy professional organizations, during my tenure.