Canadian Real Estate/selling mine to buy another

Question
I have found a property that I like and have to sell mine to be able to buy it..  I was told that if I put in an offer with that condition and it is accepted the house I want will come off the market so no-one else can put in an offer on it. Is this true?  I live on Prince Edward Island Canada  Thank-you for your response Carl

Answer
Hello Carl,
Thank you for your question - my apologies for the delay in responding to you, I have been away for a few days.

To answer your question regarding whether the house will come off the market - it depends on how the conditional upon sale clause is written. Typically an offer that is conditional upon the sale of another home does include a clause that allows the seller to continue to offer their property for sale with the first offer having the right to firm up or withdraw within 24-48 hours.

Penny

Canadian Real Estate

Penny MacKenzie