Canadian Real Estate/changing agents

Question
My wife and I have a property up for sale and we are not happy with are agent. I are contract he agreed to take off the listing when ever we wanted.

To completely delist with this agent without any fees involved
what do we need to do.

I have heard the agent may still get commision if sold by another agent?
thank you

Answer
Hi Dennis,
Thank you for your question. If your current Realtor stated that he would cancel the listing whenever you wanted I would ask that he provide a cancellation agreement for you to sign. Once the listing is cancelled you are then free to list with whomever you wish. Whether there are fees payable to your current Realtor depends on whether or not there is anything itemized in your listing agreement.
Penny

Canadian Real Estate

Penny MacKenzie