Canadian Real Estate/2nd house

Question
Hello,  We are ready to sell our first house and look at purchasing our 2nd. My question is, do you still put a down payment on the 2nd property as you would for the 1st? and if so, what is the rate for a deposit now? Also what other fees can we expect to sell the 1st house, other than the standard Lawyers fees and commission?  Thank you

Answer
Hi Kimberly,
Anytime you buy a property there will be a deposit with the Offer. You will not get any interest on the deposit because the rates are so low.This deposit will go towards your down payment.
On the Purchase,you will be paying Land Transfer Tax, Lawyer's Fee's, Title Insurance and Moving expenses.
On the Sale of your property you will be paying Commission + HST and Lawyer's fee's.
Good luck with move!

Derek

Canadian Real Estate

Derek Hamilton