Canadian Real Estate/contract with realtor

Question
My wife and I are looking at a specific house that should come on the market within the year. If we  could get this house we would move otherwise we would stay where we are. I would make a conditional offer on the house and put mine up for sale. If for some reason my conditional offer is accepted and then for some reason does not come about can I then take my house off the market immediately or will I have a continuing contract with the realtor for a specific time? If something happened to the sale I would like to be able to take my house off the market immediately. Is this possible? Thanks for your help.

Answer
Hi Roland,
You are the client and can instruct your Realtor with your wishes and length of your contract!
You make the Offer Conditional on the Sale of your home for 15, 30 or 60 days? Will the Seller's accept a Conditional Offer? If you accept an Offer on your home, you can firm up on the property you want to purchase. The Seller's of the Conditional Offer could still Offer their property for sale and if a firm offer comes in from another Buyer,they would give you 48 hours to either firm up or walk away from the deal and you would get your full deposit back. Your Realtor will explain everything with you and should cancel the Contract if you want out? If you're not Selling ? Your Agent will not want to hold you hostage.......
Good luck!
Derek

Canadian Real Estate

Derek Hamilton