Canadian Real Estate/When to Sell

Question
He'll. both me and my girlfriend have town houses to sell prior to our new home being ready January 2014. The question I have is when to sell? We don't want to list too early since the closing is so far off, but we also don't want to miss out on potential offers.

Answer
Hi Karl,
Thank you for your question. With a closing of January 2014 I wouldn't recommend listing your home until September as the construction of your new home could always be delayed. It also depends on what your market conditions are like and the salability of your current home.

Since you have two properties to sell I would suggest you consider selling one now and putting your items into storage leaving just one home to sell in the fall. That way if there's any downward trend in your market you would have capitalized on current conditions for one of your homes.
Penny

Canadian Real Estate

Penny MacKenzie