Canadian Real Estate/market evaluation Saskatchewan

Question
Good morning Penny,
         My husband and I have been trying to sell our home privately in Estevan, SK. We've had lots of interest in the past 2 months, and one offer, which we accepted, then the prospective buyer pulled out. Anyway we thought we would enlist the services of a 'brand name realtor' asides from taking 4 weeks in getting back to us with a market evaluation...we finally get hold of this realtor, and she tells us based on a 2 bedroom,1 bathroom, 1 car garage on half a lot round the corner thats for $240K, that our 4 bedroom,2 bathroom with 3 car garage on a 50x175 lot is only worth $240K...even though Estevan is in a boom right now. We were wanting to set our own price with other similar homes, houses like ours are selling for $349K we were wanting to clear at least $310K as a quick possession. She has refused to sell it at our price. Are we wrong in asking for our price? thankyou

Answer
Hello Cat,
Thanks very much for your question! I would recommend that  you contact two other Realtors for an opinion of value from them. I would think that more than one comparable should be used in evaluating your home. If the Realtor is refusing to list your property at your price she must have a strong belief in her valuation of your home.
Penny

Canadian Real Estate

Penny MacKenzie