Canadian Real Estate/market evaluation Saskatchewan

Good morning Penny,
         My husband and I have been trying to sell our home privately in Estevan, SK. We've had lots of interest in the past 2 months, and one offer, which we accepted, then the prospective buyer pulled out. Anyway we thought we would enlist the services of a 'brand name realtor' asides from taking 4 weeks in getting back to us with a market evaluation...we finally get hold of this realtor, and she tells us based on a 2 bedroom,1 bathroom, 1 car garage on half a lot round the corner thats for $240K, that our 4 bedroom,2 bathroom with 3 car garage on a 50x175 lot is only worth $240K...even though Estevan is in a boom right now. We were wanting to set our own price with other similar homes, houses like ours are selling for $349K we were wanting to clear at least $310K as a quick possession. She has refused to sell it at our price. Are we wrong in asking for our price? thankyou

Hello Cat,
Thanks very much for your question! I would recommend that  you contact two other Realtors for an opinion of value from them. I would think that more than one comparable should be used in evaluating your home. If the Realtor is refusing to list your property at your price she must have a strong belief in her valuation of your home.

Canadian Real Estate

Penny MacKenzie

General Residential Real Estate, Real Estate Agency, Real Estate Terminology, Real Estate Marketing

Penny MacKenzie is a full time Burlington Real Estate Agent with over 15 years of experience. An active member of the Burlington Business Community Penny is Past President of The Burlington Chamber of Commerce and Past Chair of Tourism Burlington. Penny has also served on the Board of Directors of the Burlington Art Centre Foundation. Penny is also past chair and co-founder of Party In Pink an incredible women only fundraiser for Breast Cancer Support Services. In just four short years this event has raised over $250,000 in support of women who are currently undergoing treatment for breast cancer. As a full time Realtor Penny is experienced in the Burlington and Area real estate market. She has personally handled all types of real estate transactions, however, she is an Experienced Residential Realtor, qualified to help families reach their residential home buying and selling goals.

Hamilton-Burlington Real Estate Board, Oakville-Milton Real Estate Board, Ontario Real Estate Board, Canadian Real Estate Board

Licensed Realtor with Keller Williams Realty the fastest growing Real Estate Company in Canada!