Canadian Real Estate/home sale contract

Question
I received an offer to purcase my home which I accepted.  However, it was subject to rezoning so I have not received any money.  The deal was signed in June 2012.  Can I consider the deal "dead" and sell to someone else?  I contacted the buyer and they said the deal was on hold.  The city office said they do not have any new zoning application from the buyer yet.  With the market changing I don't want to keep waiting.  The contract does not seem to have any expiry dates on it.

Answer
Hi Bob,
Thanks very much for your question. Any real estate contract must have a deposit to be valid, also the clauses should have dates attached to them. Was an agent involved in the transaction? If so I would go back to your agent to inquire regarding the status. If not I would consult with your Lawyer as to the validity of the contract.
Penny

Canadian Real Estate

Penny MacKenzie