Canadian Real Estate/Cancelling 90 day contract with realtor

Question
My husband and I have had our house on the market for two weeks now and have decided against selling it (we feel stupid but there are a lot of reasons).  We signed a 90 day contract with our realtor saying the house would be on the market for that long.  Is there a penalty for taking our house off the market?  Will we owe the realtor a commission even though our house was not sold?
Thanks in advance for the advice!

Answer
Hi Anne,
Sorry for the delay. I was on vacation. Just call your Agent and or Broker and tell them to Cancel the Listing ASAP. You have changed your mind about selling! There is no penalty! You won't pay any Commission! As long as you don't sell the property privately to someone who came through while it was listed for sale you're good ! Have a nice day! Derek

Canadian Real Estate

Derek Hamilton