Canadian Real Estate/Heating types

We are looking at selling our home in the country in the next five years. We currently have oil heat because our road is not serviced with natural gas. We have recently looked at propane as an alternative. How much would the switch from oil to propane affect our resale value and general appeal in the current marketplace?

In the country generally Natural Gas is not available and most homes are heated by oil or propane.  I do not see this as really being a factor that will affect your home price.  Of course oil prices are headed down right now but propane is also quite affordable.  The fact that you will be putting in a new furnace will always increase value but you are talking about perhaps a few thousand dollars.

Good Luck!

Canadian Real Estate

David Sussman

Residential Real Estate Questions in Ontario such as financing possibilities, clauses, how to choose the right agent, buying/selling your home/condo and anything else that relates to real estate trading such as what my home is worth or tips and hints for how to protect yourself as a buyer or seller.

Residential Real Estate Agent in the City of Toronto for Royal LePage, Signature Realty.

Toronto Real Estate Board Canadian Real Estate Association Royal LePage Signature Realty

Carleton University, B.A. and Business Management from U of T