Canadian Real Estate/Possible Private Sale With Agent Listing

Question
I am a home buyer working with an agent. My agent recently sold my house and is now helping look for my next one. Last night, I discovered through a friend that a mutual acquaintance is selling his house. This house is currently listed through his own agent. Is it legally feasible for myself and this aquaintance to privately negotiate our own sale without involving our respective agents? This would obviously reduce the price of the house as he would not have to pay a commission upon the sale of his house. How would we go about doing this?

Answer
Hello Julian,
Thank you for your question - just a couple of revisions to clarify my answer for you. It depends on what contracts are in place between all parties. Normally it is not legally feasible to circumvent the listing agent to privately negotiate a sale if there is a contract in place between the seller and their Realtor. If you are under contract with your Agent you would ask them to book an appointment to view the home and if you are interested in making an offer they would represent you in the transaction.
Penny

Canadian Real Estate

Penny MacKenzie