Canadian Real Estate/selling a condo for a friend of mine

My friend lives in Mexico and owns a condo in Toronto which he wants to sell I am willing to help him to sell it and decided with him to advertise it in the sell by owner side...I would be answering the calls and doing the showings..Should there be an offer i will contact him and when he agrees with one,I thought to fill up the agreement of purchase with all the requirements,and then send it to him by email, for him to sign it and send it back..The deposit would be issued in his name in trust to an attorney,and when the offer becomes firm he would come to Toronto to fulfill whatever is necessary to do the closing.The question is ; As a third party representing him in the initial procedures {Showing and negotiating the price on his behalf},do I need any legal document to do so,even when I am not going to sign anything on his just showing and passing him the possible offers?

Hi Alan,
If you're not signing the offer you won't need a Power Of Attorney. This is only needed if you're signing documents on your friend behalf. I assume you're planning on selling this Condo privately. Make any offers irrevocable for 48 hours. If things don't go well, contact a Real Estate Professional. Many Buyers will not entertain private Sales and if they do? They'll knock off 5% right off the top as they realise you're saving on commission. Good luck, If you need a good Agent in Toronto let me know and I'll fix you up.

Cheers, Derek  

Canadian Real Estate

Derek Hamilton

Any questions relating to Residential Real Estate in the City of Toronto or Southern Ontario. How much is my home worth in todays market? What's involved in Buying Real Estate ? How much do you need for a down payment? What's involved in Buying a Condo? What's involved in Buying a Co-op? What do you need as a deposit? How to choose a good Real Estate Agent for your property? What should you do to prepare your home for the market? How much Commission should you expect to pay? What are the expenses when Buying or selling your property? Should you have your home Staged for the market? Derek Hamilton has made Toronto his home his whole life and knows better than most what the city has to offer! Use his 26 years of Award winning experience to work for you.

Residential Real Estate Sales Representative in Toronto Ont,Canada for 26 years. Award Winner for 24 straight years with Royal Lepage & Sutton Group. Prior experience was 10 years building new custom homes & Renovations in North Toronto. I have a total of 36 years experience in the Residential Real Estate field.

I also subscribe to the Georgian Triangle Real Estate Board in Collingwood & the surrounding areas.

George Brown College "Carpentry", Continuing Education with the Toronto Real Estate Board. Member sinse 1985.

Platinum Award 2000-2008, Presidents Gold Award 2009-2010-2012, Award Of Excellence 2011 25 Year Club for the Toronto Real Estate Board.