Canadian Real Estate/Bathroom renovation

Question
We own a condo penthouse located in a 9 story building. The building and area is primarily seniors. We are planning to renovate one bathroom. There are 2 full bathroom and a powder room. The only bathtub is in the room to be renovated (a large whirlpool tub). We plan to remove and not replace the tub. This means there will be no bathtub in the condo at all. Some people have told us this is a bad idea as it will make the condo difficult to sell in the future.
Is that true?

Thanks for your assistance

Answer
Hi Pat,
This is true.
Many buyers young and old will want a bathtub in there home.
Anyone buying with children or seniors will prefer a unit with a tub.
Hope this helps.
Cheers, Derek

Hi Again,
Just to be clear. When you live in a property, you are free to renovate to your taste,style and comfort. I personally live in a three storey century home with 3 bathrooms and all have been renovated without bath tubs.....Only large showers. This is a personal choice for my family. If we sell the property down the road, the next owner can choose to install a bath tub if they choose.
I have been selling Real Estate for 28 years and most of my buyers prefer to have a bath tub in the unit. If a typical Buyer had two identical units to choose from at the same price? The unit with the tub would be preferred.
At the end of the day, it's your Condo and yours to enjoy anyway you like! Don't worry about it!
Thanks and good luck, Derek  

Canadian Real Estate

Derek Hamilton